Highwire Public Relations is a leading technology public relations agency based in San Francisco with offices in New York City, Boston and Chicago. We work with a wide range of clients across cloud technology, enterprise, security, financial services technology (fin-tech), and healthcare as well as consumer products and services.
Highwire has been named Technology Agency of the Year and Best Agency to work for by PRWeek, PRovoke and Inc. Magazine. We are a learning culture that welcomes diverse perspectives to develop our teams, coach for career growth and embrace new ideas.
At Highwire PR, we are entrepreneurs, makers, and explorers. We are committed to fostering an inclusive agency environment, where every employee can be seen, heard, and valued. We believe in taking and owning a seat at the table, and the equal importance of creating empowered spaces for diverse storytellers. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented professionals from a wide range of backgrounds. Applicants from historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Highwire’s Internship Program stands out in our industry. With dedicated managers and mentors supporting your growth and an immediate contributing role on real client teams, Highwire interns get the coaching and experience that builds confidence and hones PR skills. We are looking for recent college graduates who are passionate about pursuing a career in PR and will take the initiative to make the most of this opportunity.
- Attending client meetings and the art of the action item
- Compiling media coverage into client facing clip reports
- Researching reporters, blogs and social media sites
- Trend research
- Drafting pitches and press materials
- Conducting customer interviews
- Writing press releases and blog posts
- Social media
- Advanced measurement and reporting
- College graduate as of December 2021
- An enthusiastic self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude
- An eye for detail and an ability to multi-task
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to navigate and master social media and social networking sites
- Genuine interest in technology and technology companies
- A background and/or experience in PR, journalism, English, political campaigns, technology and/or marketing is preferred
This is a paid position, for six months with a substantial review at three months. Successful interns may be offered full time employment (we’re rooting for you!) If you know that PR is the only career for you and you meet the requirements above, please apply with a cover letter and resume as attachments. We will only contact applicants chosen for interviews; we apologize that we cannot respond to every applicant.
The duties delineated above will vary depending on the needs of each specific account, and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. They will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisors.
If you are the breakout candidate we seek, please apply now by uploading your resume.