POSITION TITLE: TEACHER – TWO WAY BILINGUAL IMMERSION -Elementary
LOCATION: HOLLAND LANGUAGE ACADEMY – HOLLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS
OVERVIEW: Two-way Bilingual Immersion (TWBI) is a dual language education approach in which two languages are used for instruction. At Holland Public Schools the partner language is Spanish.
The unique feature of this type of instruction is that in a TWBI environment approximately the same number of native English speakers and native speakers of the partner language (Spanish) are enrolled, and these two groups are integrated for all or most of the school day. In this unique setting, all students have the opportunity to “model” their native language as well as “learn” the second language. This program involves instruction through two languages, where Spanish is used for a significant majority of the students’ instructional day.
QUALIFICATIONS: The person selected for this position will be the one who offers the best combination of training, experience and attributes in accordance with the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an approved college or university.
- Valid, current, K-5 All subjects, or K-8 all subjects certification from the State of Michigan.
- Fluency and proficiency in Spanish REQUIRED (Oral and Written) – Native Spanish speaker preferred.
- Ability to be responsible for all aspects of instruction for students in classrooms where both English and Spanish languages are integrated.
- Ability to work well with students, staff and parents.
- Ability to demonstrate mature judgment and moral and ethical behavior.
- Ability to project a positive outlook, manner and appearance.
- Must meet the requirements of recent School Safety Legislation – 2005 PA 129-131 and 138 (Complete FBI fingerprints required)
COMPENSATION and WORK YEAR: In accordance with the Board of Education/HEA Contract.
METHOD OF APPLICATION: All candidates should apply for this position online at: www.hollandpublicschools.org
Holland Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation or transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category. Everyone is welcome at our school events as well. Call 494-2005 and we will make reasonable accommodations for disabled persons. Inquiries regarding our district’s non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Karen Sherwood, Deputy Superintendent, Holland Public Schools, 320 W. 24th St., Holland, MI 49423