Duties: As an Intern at Hood & Strong LLP, in our Audit practice, you will work on multiple engagements in various industries gaining firsthand experience. Interns are staffed on engagements similar to an Associate and receive formal on-the-job training to develop their technical skills. You will receive guidance from Experienced Associates, Seniors, Managers and Partners. This Winter Audit Internship will give you an opportunity to build relationships and a foundation for the start of your public accounting career.
Technical and professional competence:
- Understanding clients’ needs and expectations, their business and industry, accounting and control systems, employees, company values and industry-related GAAP and GAAS issues
- Becomes familiar with the Firm’s policies, procedures, manuals, forms and relevant software.
- Willingness to understand and communicate difficult issues encountered on the job
- Commitment to developing technical and industry knowledge through personal reading, research, coursework, etc.
Engagement Quality Management:
- Keep supervisor apprised of work status and technical issues arising.
- Build successful relationships with Hood & Strong personnel.
- Enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters program in Accounting required (GPA of 3.0 or above preferred)
- Strong attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills a must
- Ambition to learn and grow with the firm
- The ability to work in a professional team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills