Duties: Under the direct supervision of a superior, Interns will work on various tax related projects including tax preparation and tax research. Interns are staffed on engagements similar to an Associate and receive formal on-the-job training to develop their technical skills. In this role, Interns assist in the preparation of individual, estate, gift and fiduciary tax returns. In addition, Interns may be responsible for research on tax law or other related projects.
Technical and professional competence:
- Assists in the preparation of typical business and personal income tax returns.
- Becomes familiar with the Firm’s policies, procedures, manuals, forms and relevant software.
- Willingness to understand and communicate difficult issues encountered on the job
- Commitment to developing technical and industry knowledge through personal reading, research, coursework, etc.
Engagement Quality Management:
- Keep supervisor apprised of work status and technical issues arising.
- Build successful relationships with Hood & Strong personnel.
- Enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters program in Accounting or Taxation required
- Pursuing a Masters degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- Strong attention to detail and analytical mind
- Interpersonal skills a must
- Ambition to learn and grow with the firm