Humana Inc., is a health and well-being company based out of Louisville, KY. We started out as a nursing home company back in 1961…who knew that decades later we would be listed as a Fortune 500 company for 25 years! Today we are home to 50,000+ employees who help to serve our 14.2 million members on a daily basis. Together we are dedicated to helping both our members and employees in becoming the healthiest version of themselves – covering all ends of the spectrum from physical health to mental health. This past year, we have been ranked on the best places to work in IT by Computer World and placed on both Forbes’ lists of Best Employers for Diversity and America’s Best Employers for New Grads!
While we may be well known for our efforts in the insurance space, Humana is a tech company at its core. We would not be able to function the way we do today without the solutions, support, and analytical insights provided by our IT organization! We are currently seeking interns who are interested in joining our team and bringing fresh new perspectives to the world of health using technology as a conduit.
A key ingredient to our program’s success has revolved around our dedication to our internship being a developmental program – meaning you do not need to know everything when you join the IT team as an intern! We are here to help teach and guide you along the way by providing learning sessions, resources, and workshops. You will have a safe space to learn and be given autonomy to bring your creative solutions to very real problems. Interns are also provided multiple opportunities for networking throughout the summer! One networking event in particular that is back by popular demand are the coffee chats that we host with anyone and everyone from directors up to our CIO! On top of that, you will be exposed to the latest technologies and best practices within a Fortune 500 company. The solutions developed by past and current interns are accessible to over 50,000+ Humana associates, which means no “coffee run” projects here – only meaningful work!
What’s in it for you?
- Collaborate with experienced professionals + past tech interns
- Gain real world experience along with industry, business, and technical knowledge
- Network with Humana’s leaders
- Competitive summer pay
- Paid Housing (if internship is not virtual)
- Opportunities for Full-time (seniors) and Advanced (juniors and below) offers after successful completion of Entry Program
- Part-time opportunities working remotely from school
- Available to work full-time for the FULL 12 Weeks of the program (late May to early August)
- Be a current student (3- 6 minimum credit hours) pursuing a degree related to the technology field (Computer Science, Information Systems, Informatics, Management Information Systems, etc)
- Have a curiosity + passion for learning
- Display self-motivation + initiative balanced with a collaborative attitude
- Work Eligibility: Humana does not provide visa sponsorship or OPT/CPT for our summer internship. For example, this would mean you are either a U.S. citizen, a Lawful Permanent Resident, or in Refugee or Asylee status and do not require visa sponsorship to be eligible
- Previous internship and/or work experience a plus
- Be actively involved on-campus and/or in your community
- Strong interest in health and well-being with a passion for helping others
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
Scheduled Weekly Hours