Mental Health Professional- School-based Therapist, Idyllwild
Job Title: Mental Health Professional- School-based Therapist
Location:52500 Temecula Rd.
Idyllwild, CA, 92549
Employee Type: Full Time – Non-Exempt
Job Category: Counselor, Therapist
Industry: Health, Counseling
Required Degree: Masters
The School-based Therapist will be responsible for providing services related to the delivery of mental health care to assigned clients and will provide consultation services to the school staff to support the overall mental health goals of the school.
1. Provides direct mental health services to include intake assessment, individual/group therapy, and crisis interventions to assigned clients.
2. Provides short term solution focused counseling for Clients within scope of practice
3. Refers Clients and parents to appropriate community resources
4. Completes treatment plan and updates
5. Follow all legal and ethical standards in compliance with federal and local laws and professional guidelines
6. Furnishes required reports to CPS and any other involved agencies.
7. Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings at the clinic and Student Services Team meetings at the school.
8. Provides consultation for school staff regarding mental health issues
9. Assists in the development of Dorm Parent Education curriculum, provides training and support for Dorm Parents, and assists in organizing events and activities around promoting mental health
10. Develops support groups for students as needed.
11. Participates in the collection of mental health information and student outcomes data to be used for monitoring the overall performance and effectiveness of services provided.
12. Participates in after-hours call schedule
3. Provides complete and timely documentation to support services rendered.
4. Maintains 70% direct service requirement.
15. Teach lessons to students that support social and emotional goals of the school as directed by the Counseling Director
16. Adheres to ethical standards of the counseling profession including discretion in words and deeds, and maintains proper boundaries with students
17. Participates in professional associations and continually develops professional knowledge
18. Meets regularly with the Director of Counseling
19. Reports to the Director of Counseling regarding Client concerns as necessary
20. Reports/Consults the Director of Counseling regarding Clients with Suicidal Ideation, Self-harm, Abuse, Assault or any other acute situations immediately following the revelation to the Counselor
21. Consults with the Director of Counseling about Clients receiving Counseling Services or Case Management
22. Service on the School Crisis Team to respond to mental health emergencies and intervenes during crisis situations during school hours and after hours
23. Acts as a neutral mediator and /or student advocate for students exhibiting behavior problems
24. Serves on the Student Care Team
25. Establish and maintain effective interpersonal work relationships, to effectively assist school personnel; to work toward goals and objectives
26. Other duties as assigned
Must possess a strong knowledge of the common diagnoses and treatments for school-aged children and possess the skills necessary to facilitate positive change in a school environment.
Education and/or Experience:
Completion of an accredited Masters Program with certification and licensure as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of California. Associate Level Licensure highly encouraged to apply.
License and / or Certification: A Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor – (LPCC) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist- (LMFT); Associate level highly encourage to apply.
1. Ability to perform each position responsibility satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
2. Ability to understand that safety is a condition of employment. Unsafe acts or conditions will be reported to the supervisor or a member of the management team.
3. Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with all school employees and stake holders.
4. Must be computer literate with ability to enter information into an EHR system and compile reports or data as requested.
5. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be willing to work evening hours and weekends if necessary.
- The specific statements shown in each section of this Job Description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The job’s responsibilities/tasks may be modified and/or expanded over time. Idyllwild Arts will inform the employee when changes in the respective job description are made.
Apply at idyllwildarts.org and email email@example.com