Position Title: Teacher
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Principal
Position Description: Provide education instruction to students in assigned age group or subject area.
· Plan and deliver educational instruction using the most efficient and effective methodology for the students assigned.
· Conduct assessments that are research based and appropriate for the students assigned.
· Provide corrective feedback to students, and re-teach as necessary, to ensure that the students have mastered the objectives.
· Conduct research and read professional literature in the subject area of the assignment.
- Collaborate and clearly communicate with parents/guardians, and other educators to assist the students.
· Implement the approved-course curriculum.
· Implement modifications in a student’s education plan as required.
· Consult with other school staff as necessary to complete the functions of the position.
· Complete written reports, and assigned administrative tasks related to these functions.
· Utilize preventive discipline methodology with assigned students.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Imagine Schools Six Measures of Excellence in the execution of duties.
- Model positive character virtues and habits. Assist students in developing positive moral and performance character attributes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Principal/School Leader.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in pertinent area.
· Licenses & Certifications: State certification and endorsement in assigned area.
· Experience: Pre-service experience required for certification.
· Knowledge, Ability & Skills: Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills. The ability to perform independently and in groups. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask when necessary. Knowledge of theory and practice of student learning styles. Knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations and statutes. Ability to remain pleasant and calm under sometimes-stressful circumstances. Ability to communicate cooperatively and constructively with other staff, students and parents in a multi-cultural environment. Computer skills including word processing, database, spreadsheet and graphics.
This is a largely active role and requires the ability to work with children; some standing and lifting is required, which would require the ability to lift supplies, bend, and stoop as necessary.
· Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
· Significant walking or other means of mobility.
· Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
· Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/move 30 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work Monday through Friday, 7 AM to 4 PM. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the standard required for each essential function. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all assigned duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Imagine Schools is a non-profit national network of 57 public charter schools educating more than 31,000 students in eight states and the District of Columbia. Imagine Schools partners with parents and guardians to educate their children, providing high quality schools that prepare students for lives of leadership, accomplishment, and exemplary character. Learn more at ImagineSchools.org.
Imagine Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer