Infosys Foundation USA is seeking an intern to support engagement efforts around the Foundation’s goals of expanding K-12 teacher and student access to computer science and maker education, by way of grants/partnerships, communications campaigns, event planning and the development of a digital online learning platform.
The intern would be asked to contribute to the development and management of the Foundation’s marketing, grants management/partnerships and digital learning platform over an 8-12 week period beginning in May/June 2021. The intern will be working up to 28 hours per week, 4 days a week ( Mon – Thurs) and will be compensated at $23/hour.
Some projects include:
- Digital Learning Platform: Support the ongoing development of the Pathfinders Online Institute – the Foundation’s signature digital learning platform. This includes support implementing key partnerships with curriculum providers; liaising with the development team; supporting the tracking of content curation and submission process; and enhancing design and user experience.
- Events: Support the planning and implementation of the Pathfinders Summer Institute – the Foundation’s signature teacher training event—as well as other ad hoc events that may arise. a virtual.
- Marketing & Communications: Support to the wider social media and marketing efforts broadly of the Foundation, including drafting copy for social media and other communications
- Grants Management: Support grants management and the development of an impact report. This includes reviewing final report submissions from grantees, as well as extrapolating data from Foundation events to extract qualitative and quantitative insights that would be summarized in a PowerPoint impact report
- Independent Research: Based on the interest, additional research tasks could be added that examines trends in K-12 education and specifically computer science.
- Rising Senior who is pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sustainability, Education, Communications or another CSR related field
- Research experience and interest in education (K-12), social impact, and or technology
- Familiarity with grant-making, corporate philanthropy or Corporate Social Responsibility
- Familiarity and comfort using social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) and demonstrated interest in developing content for social media
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including writing reports
- Proficient in MS Office Suite. Experience with Web Content Management, MS Teams a plus
- Previous experience with excel data management (i.e. mailing distribution lists and contacts management) would be a plus
- Ability to work and communicate remotely
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Willingness to take initiative and high attention to detail
About Infosys Foundation USA
Infosys Foundation USA is committed to expanding computer science and maker education in the United States, with a specific focus on increasing access to underrepresented communities. The Foundation works with nonprofits, academic institutions, policy makers, educators and experts in the computer science and maker fields to prepare students and teachers for bright opportunities in a digital future. Learn more at http://www.infosys.org/usa/ follow on Twitter @InfyFoundation or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfosysFoundationUSA.