The IRC’s Connect2Success Program provides holistic support to out-of-school refugee and immigrant youth to help them meet their educational and career goals. Participants gain skills and connect with academic and career opportunities to achieve their long-term success.
This position requires a minimum of 20 hours a week for at least three months. The hours for this position are flexible; however, will primarily be between 9AM and 5PM on weekdays, with occasional weekend activities.
- Assist with the case management and individualized career and academic advisement services for youth/young adults, including documentation, data entry and file maintenance.
- Support academic needs including tutoring, college application, and Test Prep.
- Assist with delivery of career readiness and educational workshops.
- Assist in planning and running group social and networking events for youth/young adults.
- Help identify local learning opportunities for youth/young adults.
- Assist with recruitment and support of Connect 2 Success volunteers.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- An interest in international and refugee issues.
- Experience working with youth and/or young adults is preferred.
- Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects.
- Strong desire to help people and enthusiasm for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Computer literacy, preferably with PC systems.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle is beneficial.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.