The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and more than 20 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home.
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR BILINGUAL/FLUENT SPANISH SPEAKER
Gain experience working at a leading, global humanitarian organization; participate in virtual team meetings & regular supervisor check-ins; partake in team building, leadership training & networking opportunities; practice your language skills & make lasting impacts on the lives of IRC clients.
- Research and identify programs, resources & employers to help refugees meet long-term educational, employment and life goals; Develop/maintain database of financial resources for clients
- Provide one-on-one financial coaching and counseling for clients
- Assist employable clients prepare resumes, submit online job applications & prepare for interviews
- Client outreach to identify and follow up on job placements, track meetings, progress & retention rates
- Co-facilitate financial literacy/education workshops for client groups
- Provide translation and interpretation when necessary.
- Other related duties as assigned, including answering and directing phone calls
- Learn about career development programs for refugee and immigrant populations
- Develop communications skills including group orientations, client assessments & one-on-one trainings
- Practice community outreach, client services and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in Spanish
- Undergraduate level studies in social sciences, international relations, or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment & respect cultural & personality differences, beliefs, and values of refugee clients.
- Ability to work independently and with high attention to detail, especially in a remote setting
- Competency in Microsoft Office, data tracking, and file management
- Exceptional communication skills, especially in remote environment.
- Patience, understanding, flexibility, and an unceasingly positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn about IRC history, philosophy, global work, and local efforts.
- Adherence to IRC policies, particularly those related to confidentiality and client privacy.