The Refugee Individual Development Account (IDA) intern reports directly to the IDA Program Coordinator and supports efforts under the IRC’s IDA Program. The IDA Program, a program within the Economic Empowerment Department, is match-saving program in which applicants, upon completion of all requirements, receive matching funds on their savings for specific asset-building goals including home and auto purchases, educational opportunities, and small business growth.
- Assist the IDA Program Coordinator with program recruitment efforts by developing and distributing flyers and brochures, and engaging with local community organizations.
- Conduct research on outreach and growing the IDA Program’s applicant pool.
- Conduct pre-screenings and assist clients with all steps and submissions required prior to enrollment.
- Develop case files for all new program clients.
- Enter data into the program’s information data systems and internal tracking systems.
- Provide general administrative support and maintain accurate records of IDA Program activities.
- Conduct initial and closing CFAs (family budgets) with clients entering and exiting the IDA Program.
- Collaborate with Career Development and Microenterprise Development interns on potential shared clients.
- Engage with youth enrolled in IDA Youth Programming to match youth with IDA opportunities for education.
- Strong interest in working with international clients.
- Proven ability to work with consideration and respect for cross-cultural differences.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs and internet research.
- Interns must be able to work at least 15 hours a week for at least three months.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.