The IRC’s Intensive Case Management (ICM) Program provides case management services for up to 12 months to refugees and asylees who have special needs, such as significant medical needs, that cannot be fully addressed through standard resettlement services. Through a strengths-based, client-centered model of service delivery, the ICM program aims to increase self-reliance and community integration among our most vulnerable clients. Services include connecting them with internal and external resources, closely monitoring their progress through a series of assessments, and helping them achieve the long-term goals through their service plan.
- Map community assets and help make referrals to community partners.
- Assist in scheduling medical appointments for clients.
- Educate clients on U. S. healthcare and social service systems.
- Assist clients in applying for social service assistance programs.
- Input client information into IRC’s database.
- Communicate client concerns with ICM staff and coordinate service plan with supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and under pressure.
- An interest in international and refugee issues.
- Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects.
- Strong desire to help people and enthusiasm for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Computer literacy – preferably with PC systems.
- A car/driver’s license is beneficial.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.