The Refugee Microenterprise Development intern reports directly to the Microenterprise Development Coordinator and supports efforts under the IRC’s Microenterprise Development program. Microenterprise Development, a program within the Economic Empowerment Department, provides refugees currently in business or seeking to start businesses with opportunities for business training, one-on-one business technical assistance, and assistance with access to credit and capital.
- Assist the Microenterprise Development Coordinator with program recruitment efforts by developing and distributing flyers and brochures, and engaging with community organizations and local businesses.
- Provide program orientations and trainings to individuals and groups.
- Work with refugee entrepreneurs to strengthen their business plans, develop marketing materials, and provide other supportive services as needed.
- Conduct business-related research in key industries.
- Maintain case files for all program clients.
- Enter data into the program’s information data systems and internal tracking systems.
- Provide general administrative support and maintain accurate records of Microenterprise Development program activities
- Strong interest in working with international clients.
- Proven ability to work with consideration and respect for cross-cultural differences.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs and internet research.
- Enthusiasm for helping people to learn and demonstrated professionalism.
- Interns must be able to work at least 15 hours a week for at least three months.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle.
- Graphic design and/or web development experience strongly preferred.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.