Position Summary, Job Requirements & Responsibilities
Iridium is currently seeking a detailed-orientated, customer focused Software Configuration Management (SCM) Engineer II. This position will assist with the design and execution of procedures for software build and release, setup and administration of software repositories and software change boards and customizing software tools to solve problems. Additional responsibilities may include general change management, general product release and management, and other related tasks.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist our architecture, infrastructure, and core development teams to automate operations for the development teams
- Deliver self-service tools for activities such as provisioning test environments
- Work with other team members to configure dashboards to assist development teams on application instrumentation needs to support monitoring and capacity planning needs
- Help develop build pipelines and release management/continuous integration plans with tools such as Jenkins and Bamboo
- Assist in troubleshooting failed builds, collaborating with the appropriate development team when needed
- Assist with ensuring the availability and recoverability of applications such as ClearCase, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket/Git, Conan, Artifactory and the Next Data Products Tool Set
- Detail-oriented person with ability to combine and balance a customer-service attitude with good quality enforcement practices
- Team player and self-starter with good oral and written communications skills and a strong willingness to learn
- Ability to work both independently and within a team in a dynamic engineering environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Willingness to research new processes and technologies
- Participate in emergency incident response and investigations
Experience & Education Requirements / EEO
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or similar program, or equivalent combination or work and education
- A minimum of 2 years’ related experience preferably in Configuration or Release Engineering
- Due to ITAR/EAR restrictions, must be a US Citizen
- Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite, Jfrog, and ClearCase; database experience preferred
- Experience with scripting language (e.g., bash, python, perl) and Linux Redhat OS is preferred
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of quality assurance, as well as basic project management methodologies is a plus
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of agile software development
- Familiarity with software configuration management discipline including Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and AS9100.
- Knowledge of data, hardware, and software CM principles and practices
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.