Dedicated Contract Services specializes in total supply chain management solutions, customized to meet each client’s needs. We serve customers in over 450 locations, ranging from but not limited to, retail, food and restaurant, agriculture and the oil industry. We are expected to double in size in the next five years – We are not slowing down!
Interns will train within our Dedicated Contract Services division at one of our customer sites, where we provide transportation/logistics services. They will work directly with Operations employees who are utilized in management roles. Interns will gain exposure to the following areas:
- Gain exposure and understanding of basic transportation management principles.
- Become involved and participate in daily operational tasks including planning of freight; asset utilization; safety management; Department of Transportation (DOT) compliance; driver payroll; Customer Value Delivery; logistics management/analysis; driver supervision; profit-and-loss management; maintenance coordination.
- Gain understanding of industry trends and company initiatives as it relates to driver retention.
- Perform pertinent account-specific duties as required by customer.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Currently enrolled in a four year undergraduate degree program and in good standing at an accredited college or university and pursuing a business degree or related field
- Junior or Senior level preferred.
- Must be able to work 20-25 hours a week and complete a 12 week internship program.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi task
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Willing to work flexible hours