What we look for in a candidate
Successful Analysts will be able to multitask and manage a variety of projects simultaneously. Candidates must demonstrate professionalism and client management skills together with strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills. The work is fast paced, intense and intellectually stimulating. The ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, be adaptable and work both independently and as part of a team are essential traits of a successful candidate. Although a background in accounting or finance is helpful, JFIN hires Analysts who have studied a variety of disciplines.
About Jefferies Finance
- Founded in 2004, Jefferies Finance LLC (“JFIN”) is a leading leveraged loan investor and arranger owned equally by MassMutual and Jefferies Group LLC (“Jefferies”). JFIN manages more than $10 billion of capital across three business lines:
- Loan Underwriting and Arrangement: Leading arranger of loans to PE Sponsors in the US and Europe.
- Apex Credit Partners: Manages 15 CLOs invested in broadly syndicated term loans.
- Direct Lending Investment Management: Senior debt fund manager invested in Private Equity Sponsor owned middle market businesses.
- JFIN originates investment opportunities through an exclusive partnership with Jefferies and its team of more than 900 investment bankers that are focused on transacting with Equity Sponsors across the capital markets
What can you expect – Portfolio and Operations Infrastructure Summer Analysts
- The Infrastructure Interns are staffed on Portfolio and Operations teams and are primarily responsible for (i) coordinating deal closing and loan modification execution, (ii) management and maintenance of Agency Administration for syndicated loan transactions, and (iii) overall portfolio monitoring, credit analysis and modeling of individual account exposures.
- Organize, prepare and review the circulation of closing documentation amongst internal and external support parties and maintain loan databases for ongoing loan servicing and reporting.
- Maintenance of workflows covering all operational procedures including loan trading, UCC filings, FX hedging, interest rate settings and fee collection.
- Prepare detailed credit analysis, amendment approvals and quarterly loan reviews for presentation to senior management.
- Analysts are generalists and will have exposure to a comprehensive list of duties in all operational and credit phases in a diverse loan portfolio’s life cycle.
- Assist Managing Directors and senior staff on an ad hoc basis with various reports and analyses, such as industry risk assessment and commodity price change sensitivity.