We are actively seeking a strategy analyst to be a part of the Chase Business Banking Risk strategy team. As a strategy analyst you will be responsible for assessing and recommending changes to lending strategies, policies and controls. You will ensure our strategies drive strong financial performance, while maintaining strong risk controls. You will regularly meet with leaders and team members in Risk Management, Finance, Lending and Marketing to drive business forward.
We are actively seeking a strategy analyst to be a part of the Chase Business Banking Risk strategy team. As a strategy analyst you will be responsible for assessing and recommending changes to lending strategies, policies and controls. You will ensure our strategies drive strong financial performance, while maintaining strong risk controls. You will regularly meet with leaders and team members in Risk Management, Finance, Lending and Marketing to drive business forward.Business Banking Risk Management helps the firm understand, manage and anticipate risks in a constantly changing environment. The work covers areas such as evaluating economic trend related risks, understanding regulatory changes and determining credit worthiness. Risk Management provides independent oversight and maintains an effective control environment.
- Conduct moderate to complex risk analysis and generate thoughtful analytics and recommendations concerning business banking client selection and existing accounts including strategy development, implementation, operational controls, and performance monitoring to provide management with credit quality trends, desired risk/return relationships and portfolio performance.
- Develop and maintain periodic MIS to ensure management has full insight into emerging business banking client risk trends and the credit quality of the portfolio.
- Attain a detailed understanding of key business lending portfolio performance metrics and profitability drivers enabling the delivery of insights to management encompassing the full account lifecycle of business banking clients. Acquire an understanding of the business lending operational processes (e.g. underwriting, collections) which will aid in understanding portfolio performance drivers.
- Create and maintain best in class documentation and audit controls surrounding business banking portfolio and acquisition lending strategies. Conduct ad hoc analytics and contribute to various projects representing Risk Management.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering (Any), Computer Science, or related quantitative field plus 2 years of experience in Risk Management or related experience OR Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering (Any), Computer Science, or related quantitative field plus 5 years of experience in Risk Management or related experience.
- 2 years’ experience:
- Data transformation, data manipulations and data mining using SAS.
- Extracting data from large datasets with millions of records and providing insights based on the results using SQL Queries in Teradata, Oracle, DB2 or Sybase.
- Data analysis using Excel Pivot Tables and charts providing business insights.
- Preparing Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations to support business decisions and share with senior management for approval. Experience updating documents supporting business requirements, technical and functional design to develop business solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Executive Management risk reporting. Business banking experience.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans