The Business Lending Portfolio Risk Management team supports the business by providing pertinent and timely analysis regarding account management strategies and communicating success metrics and trends to senior management. As such, the team operates in close cooperation with other functional areas within Chase for Business and the Risk Management organization.
The candidate will be responsible for analyzing and quantifying risk based portfolio management strategies, managing through implementation of the strategy, and ongoing monitoring to optimize profitability. This will be accomplished through an understanding of risk analytic techniques, the data required, and a strong working relationship with individuals within Risk Management and others around the organization. Products within our purview include working capital lines, term debt, and business credit cards.
- Generate thoughtful analytics & recommendations concerning account management including strategy development, implementation, operational controls, and performance monitoring
- Develop & maintain periodic MIS to ensure management has full insight into emerging trends and the quality of the portfolio
- Attain a detailed understanding of key portfolio performance metrics and profitability drivers enabling the delivery of insights to management encompassing the full account lifecycle
- Acquire an understanding of the operational processes (e.g. underwriting, collections) which will aid in understanding portfolio performance drivers
- Conduct ad hoc analytics and contribute to various projects representing Risk Management
- Bachelor’s + 1 year of experience (or equivalent) in a strategic analytic role
- A statistics or other quantitative background required
- Demonstrates understanding of SAS, or other data mining program skills.
- Proven ability to query large amounts of data and transform the raw data into actionable management information
- Familiarity with risk analytic techniques
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple deadlines and priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience delivering recommendations to management