As a Strategic Analytics Associate, you’ll work with the risk team to generate thoughtful analytics and recommendations to the business concerning strategy development, implementation, operational controls, and performance monitoring.
- Develop and maintain periodic analytics to provide management with full insight into emerging trends and the quality of the originated accounts
- Attain a detailed understanding of key performance metrics and profitability drivers, enabling the delivery of insights encompassing the full account lifecycle
- Acquire an understanding of the operational processes (e.g. manual underwriting, portfolio management, collections) which will aid in understanding acquisition performance drivers
- Conduct ad hoc analytics and contribute to various projects representing Risk Management
- MS degree and 3 years Risk Management or other quantitative experience preferred
- Otherwise, BS degree and minimum 5 years Risk Management or other quantitative experience required
- Background in statistics, econometric, or other quantitative field required
- Advanced understanding of SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner, or other decision tree software
- Ability to query large amounts of data and transform the raw data into actionable management information
- Familiarity with risk analytic techniques
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience delivering recommendations to management
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.
Risk Management helps the firm understand, manage and anticipate risks in a constantly changing environment. The work covers areas such as evaluating country-specific risk, understanding regulatory changes and determining credit worthiness. Risk Management provides independent oversight and maintains an effective control environment.