Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.
Risk Management helps the firm understand, manage and anticipate risks in a constantly changing environment. The work covers areas such as evaluating country-specific risk, understanding regulatory changes and determining credit worthiness. Risk Management provides independent oversight and maintains an effective control environment.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual to work directly with our Risk Strategy and Controls teams to help build out a best-in-class controls function for Business Credit Risk. This critical role will work collaboratively across partner teams at all levels to identify and address data issues that affect Business Credit Risk strategies, models, or operations.
- Act as the point person for all Business Credit Risk data issues that need to be investigated and resolved.
- Help manage the end-to-end process for closing out Action Plans for identified Business Credit Risk data and control issues.
- Ensure compliance with existing control structures and look for opportunities for enhancements.
- Present concise summaries of outstanding and completed control issues to senior management on a regular basis.
- Own the team’s Control Calendar to ensure that the team is up to date and on track for deliverables related to internal audits, control testing, attestations, and regulatory exams.
- Assist with the maintenance of the inventory of internal and external data used in strategies and models across Business Credit Risk.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry with a background in Risk, Controls, Audit, Quality Assurance, or Compliance preferred; or equivalent subject matter expertise in a relevant business-related function.
- Solid critical thinking, attention to detail and analytical skills; ability to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate appropriate conclusions.
- Strong written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with risk & control identification, control breaks & resolution, or control governance & reporting is highly desired.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Experience using analytical tools including SAS, SQL, and VBA is a plus.