The Permanente Federation LLC (the Federation) is the national leadership and consulting organization for the eight Permanente Medical Groups (PMGs), which, together with the Kaiser Foundation Health Plans and Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, comprise Kaiser Permanente. The PMGs employ more than 22,000 physicians, approximately 90,000 nurses and other clinicians, and provide care to over 12 million Kaiser Permanente members. The Federation works on behalf of the PMGs to optimize care delivery and spread Permanente Medicine – medicine that is patient centered, evidence based, technology enabled, culturally responsive, team delivered, and physician led. The Federation, based in Oakland, California, fosters an open learning environment and accelerates research, innovation, and performance improvements across the PMGs to expand the reach of Kaiser Permanente’s integrated care delivery model and to lead the nation in transforming care delivery.
The Strategy & Corporate Development team at TPF seeks a graduate-level summer intern for 2020. This is an exciting opportunity for a Master’s candidate to help guide Kaiser Permanente’s strategy for care delivery optimization. The intern will support a variety of impactful projects on a fast-paced and experienced team. Projects will vary dependent on future needs of the team, but tasks may include: – Evaluate or develop strategic relationship options for Kaiser Permanente. Develop financial models and support planning for care delivery optimization. Support PMGs with business development, shared services, or new venture projects. Develop white papers, competitive intelligence briefs, or other strategic communications. Applicants MUST currently be enrolled in a fully accredited MBA or other related Master’s program (e.g. Health Care Administration).
- Support the development of Permanente Medicine related strategies.
- Financial analysis and model development.
- Development of white papers, thought pieces, or other communications.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum one (1) year of professional experience in corporate strategy, business development, merger & acquisition/transactions, management consulting, or other health care and business-related function.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Currently pursuing a MBA, MPH, or other Master’s degree in finance, economics, health care policy, or health care management related field.
- Demonstrable experience and interest in health care business administration & management.
- Ability to independently define, structure, and execute complex analytic exercises.
- Ability to structure projects with uncertain (or yet to be defined) outcomes.
- Possess solid problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage projects and workstreams end-to-end with minimal supervision.
- Strong financial modeling and analysis experience.