Want to work at one of the hottest tech PR agencies and do things you haven’t had a chance to do in your current job — without having to work crazy hours? We’re looking for an AE/SAE who doesn’t want to be a small cog in a big agency. You’re passionate about technology and want to help great companies succeed. You also want Friday afternoons off, work/life balance and the opportunity to work in a fun environment.
You should have at least a two-year track record of placing technology companies in trade publications and preferably the business press; or at least two years of experience as a tech reporter/editor. Journalists are highly encouraged to apply.
Karbo Com is a respected, award-winning boutique agency that’s known for doing great work. We team with all types of tech companies, from stealth startups to enterprise brands. Our current clients include Internet of Things (IoT) TDK and RTI, Hootsuite, Sendinblue and a number of exciting startups. Our agency is the perfect place if you want a team-oriented, positive and supportive environment where you can help shape the agency and your future.
- Regular placement of companies and products in tech publications
- A creative mindset
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to think strategically on everything from planning, pitches, tweets, etc.
- Ability to take responsibility for projects and to see them through to completion
- Attention to detail
- A problem solver
- Knowledge of effective social and other digital media
- Knowledge of PR platforms such as Cision and Hootsuite
- Flexible with changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Knows how to fly alone, but also loves being part of a team
- College graduate with a degree in PR, communications, journalism, marketing, English or related field
Karbo Com rewards for results and actively mentors and promotes from within. Compensation is competitive and will vary based on experience and skills. Our benefits are top flight and include yearly cash bonuses, generous PTO, additional paid time off over the holidays, paid medical and dental premiums, commuter checks, a 401K plan, paid cell data plans, conference attendance, education, Friday afternoons off year-round, a yearly offsite (Vegas 2018!) and quarterly outings such as Giants games, sailing, bocce ball, spa days and wine tasting trips to Napa.
We’re located in the best part of SOMA — within two blocks of Philz, The Creamery, South Park, CalTrain and AT&T Park. Our Redwood City office is just across the street from the CalTrain station with quick access to Redwood City’s trendy downtown. We’re also within walking distance of Starbucks, Whole Foods, The Habit, Jamba Juice and retail shopping.