Keenan & Associates, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers’ compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. AssuredPartners is now one of the largest brokers in the nation after acquiring over 280 agencies. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a rapid pace, so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
College 2 Career Internship Program:
At Keenan & Associates, our internship program was created to support the next generation of talent in finding meaningful, professional development experiences within the insurance industry. We expect all of our teammates to actively present new ideas, take a thoughtful approach to responsibilities, and help contribute to building our culture. You will grow with the help of an assigned mentor, be exposed to leadership, departments, and other interns, and create lasting connections.
Overview of Role:
As a Sales Executive Intern, you will gain an understanding of the insurance industry and the distribution models for insurance products and in-house services, learning how to leverage that understanding when identifying potential clients. The program will provide you with an understanding of the sales process, from initial prospect identification through the close of a sale, while surrounding you with a dedicated team to help develop your sales skills. You will build valuable skills in identifying and developing new business opportunities through sales competitions, trainings, and mentorship, you will have endless opportunities to learn.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
During our Internship Program, you will:
– Complete a rotation through critical teams which help assess issues, develop solutions, negotiate risk transfer contracts, and provide claims advocacy on behalf of policy holders.
– Develop critical sales skills in opportunity identification, lead nurturing, effective sales process and setting appointments.
– Build prospect lists relevant to your sales teams identified parameters.
– Accompany Producers on sales calls.
– Work closely with sales teams to set new business appointments.
– Learn the functionality of lead generating tools.
– Develop outbound marketing campaigns through various communication channels.
– Overview of Salesforce to track leads, individual sales activities, and email marketing campaigns.
– Copy data and compiles records and reports.
– Follow company policies with respect to all essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
– Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or University, ideally in a degree program concentrating in Risk Management and Insurance, Business, or other related fields
– Ideal candidates will be professional and congenial – with inquisitive personalities and the ability to think critically.
– Must be comfortable interacting with high-level leadership via written communication or virtual conference.
– Must be driven, self-starting, and coachable while demonstrating a high level of maturity.
– Must be adaptable while working on various initiatives with different teammates.
– Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business documents, and a high capacity for learning is critical.