In consideration of the current COVID-19 pandemic, our network is prepared to offer our internships on a virtual basis. Remote ready for the 2021 calendar year!
We are a youth sports broadcast network that produces content for the internet and broadcast television, featuring youth athletes. This is an exciting internship opportunity that will provide you direct experience in accounting, budgeting and job costing, and indirect experience in the internet and television broadcast industry while also boosting your resume. You will receive exposure to many aspects of the Kids Sports News Network mission. We would like to offer students the opportunity to test a future career in accounting, without committing, to determine if it is a career path that is satisfying, while applying skills they have mastered in the classroom in a “real world” setting.
Qualifications – Must be familiar with the following basic accounting activities:
· Reconciling general ledger accounts
· Roll forward analysis of balance sheet accounts
· Monthly financial statement review and analysis
· Assist with general accounting month-end closing
· Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited local University, with a major in Accounting, or have recently graduated.
· Sophomore, Junior or Senior level
· Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills
· A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
· Familiarity with Quickbooks is helpful
· Build resume and explore career options
· Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
· Academic credit will be available to qualifying students who receive approval of their university
· Flexible scheduling to allow for finals and changes in class schedule
· Upon successful completion of internship, will be provided with letter of recommendation
**Will learn how to use Quickbooks software
Hours: Flexible, average 10 to 20 hours per week
Compensation: Non Paid, Academic Credit Available
Starting Date: Flexible. Assessment prior to official start date
Location: Southern California
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com