In consideration of the current COVID-19 pandemic, our network is prepared to offer our internships on a “hybrid” (combined virtual/on-site) basis for the 2022/2023 academic year.
We are a youth sports broadcast network looking for Youth Sports Videographer/Editor Internship Candidates. Looking for dynamic, sports-oriented, out-of-the-box candidates who are interested in learning how to integrate pop culture with youth sports videography & editing. This is an exciting opportunity that will give you experience with internet and television broadcast distribution, youth sports market engagement while also boosting your resume. You will receive exposure to many aspects of the Kids Sports News Network mission.
Assist with capturing youth sports content remotely, using technology conducive to a virtual environment and editing youth sports content, also in a remote environment, for the network. Receives specific instructions from our network producer.
Examples of Duties/Videography:
· Assists with capturing youth sports content for production using technology geared towards a virtual work environment; makes technical decisions regarding such elements as appropriate lighting, shooting angle and placements, as well as audio checks and types of microphones; receives explicit instructions regarding assignments.
· Assists a producer/director regarding preconceived ideas and physical realities of production settings.
· Tests all technology to determine technical quality of recording, audio and lighting apparatus prior to operation.
· Oversees the security, operation and maintenance of technology utilized in filming and editing.
Examples of Duties/Editing:
• Create original short-form video content that engages, educates, and inspires youth sports athletes, youth sports families, youth sports industry professionals, and youth sports enthusiasts.
• Play an integral role in KSNN’s development of recurring video and graphic elements on multiple platforms.
• Edit, and produce concise video supported heavily by motion graphics and b-roll.
• Exercise creativity and explore your own ideas.
• Support all aspects of KSNN’s media production.
• Gain experience working with a production team at a fast-paced youth sports network.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of production techniques and standards.
Skills in visualizing and capturing concepts effectively.
An independent & self-motivated student
Some prior video editing experience.
A passionate visual storyteller
Experience with After Effects and proficiency in Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus.
A consistent and reliable team player who values attention to detail and is comfortable working with little supervision to meet deadlines.
Desire to learn and develop new skills necessary for a career as an editor, designer, or media content producer.
What You Will Gain from This Experience
· Invaluable Experience in creating broadcast content for an established company
· Great Resume Building Experience/Opportunity
· Exposure and engagement with high profile Organizations and Brands connected to the Youth Sports Industry
Hours: Flexible, average 10 to 20 hours/week
Compensation: Non paid work experience position. Academic credit is available
Starting Date: Flexible. Assessment prior to official start date
Location: Southern California