Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Work Type: Full-Time
Locations: Neenah, WI
Start Dates: June 2021
Kimberly-Clark has several developmental early career positions available in their supply chain organization. Successful candidates may be placed in any of our functions across the supply chain. While assignments are not for a specific duration, Kimberly-Clark’s development practices encourage and support movement between the different functions of the supply chain. In effect, you will receive an in-depth experience in one area and contribute to real business results, but at the same time, learn and prepare yourself for growth opportunities which frequently involve a move to another area of the supply chain in the subsequent assignment. Timing for assignments typically ranges from 20-30 months, depending on the strength of the individual and business conditions.
There may be no better place to launch or advance your supply chain career than at Kimberly-Clark. That’s because we’ve structured our logistics organization in a way that enables you to achieve a comprehensive understanding of the supply chain and a rewarding work experience. Whether beginning your supply chain career or seeking a new challenge as an experienced professional, our team environment will allow you to contribute to your fullest potential.
Production Planning – Develop, control and manage operating schedules in the company’s production facilities and distribution centers. Utilizing sales forecasts developed with marketing and knowledge of mill capabilities, SAP tools are used to establish mill production levels and inventory targets. Perform short and long-term analysis of equipment capacity and material needs. Key customers are marketing, mill operations, customer service and suppliers.
Distribution Analysis– Distribution Analysis supports the consumer businesses by helping them understand the supply chain impact of business decisions and changes in the business environment. The team utilizes Excel, Access, linear programming models and various other analysis tools to understand costs, savings, service and operational impacts of decisions. Key customers are business units, customer service, mills and distribution centers.
Distribution Operations – A key function of the distribution operations team is to support customer service and business objectives. In addition, the health care global distribution team supports the worldwide needs of health care distribution. Team members manage the flow of product from the case packer through shipment loading. Several support functions such as engineering, third party operations management and order fulfillment are included in this team. Key customers are business units, distribution centers, engineering, and third party operators.
Customer Logistics Solutions – Provide efficient, cost-effective solutions for order management and aggressively work to improve supply chain performance. Build relationships with internal and external customers. Work proactively with customer and sales to reduce cost to serve. Communicate and resolve order issues with customers and sales. Key customers are retail customers, sales, transportation, distributors and planning.
Transportation – Negotiate with carriers for price, service and equipment to achieve delivery of materials and product at minimum distribution costs. Analyze and perform mode/carrier selection, shipment tracking, and measurement of customer service and carrier performance. Key customers are distribution, retail customers and transportation providers.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Manufacturing Operations, Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3.0 out of 4.0 overall GPA is required (transcripts will be requested).
- Previous supply chain work experience or internship/co-op role.
- A high degree of analytical skill is required.
- Applicants must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. on a regular, full-time basis.
- Kimberly-Clark does not typically offer employment to holders of F-1, J-1, or H-1 visas for the purpose of obtaining practical experience.
- Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
- This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.