Kimley-Horn is looking for Landscape Architecture intern to join our Miami, FL office!
At Kimley-Horn, we do things differently. People, clients, and employees are at the forefront of who we are. Clients know we prioritize achieving their goals and growing their success. Employees know our culture and approach to business are built on a desire to provide an environment for everyone to flourish. Our commitment to quality is only as good as the people behind it— that’s why we welcome and develop passionate, hardworking, and proactive employees. We take pride in how our employee retention, positive company culture, and core values have led to Kimley-Horn’s placement on the Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work” list for 13 years!
Our interns benefit from hands-on experience, technical and consulting trainings, mentorship opportunities, and developmental programs geared towards growing Kimley-Horn’s next generation of full-time analysts. Project experiences will be diverse, as we provide services to both the public and private sectors. Projects include land planning, urban design and redevelopment, mixed-use and all types of residential development, streetscapes, design guidelines, public infrastructure design, parks and other community facility design.
- In the process of receiving a degree in Landscape Architecture by summer 2022
- Working knowledge of graphic software programs (Adobe Photoshop, Sketchup, InDesign, Illustrator, GIS/Arcview, and PowerPoint), AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or Excel
- Strong freehand illustration and rendering skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines
- Detail-oriented team player with an ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team
**Portfolio or work samples are required. Website or reduced PDF preferred.**
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.