About KIPP Public Schools Northern California
KIPP is a non-profit network of 224 college-preparatory, public charter schools across the country educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are united by a common mission, a commitment to excellence, and a belief that if we help children develop the academic and character strengths they need for college and choice-filled lives, they will be able to build a better tomorrow for themselves, for their communities, and for us all.
There are currently 15 KIPP schools across the Bay Area educating nearly 6,000 students in East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Francisco, San Lorenzo, San Jose, and Redwood City and supporting over 3,000 alumni around the country.
Position Overview (in-person and virtually)
The Operations coordinator is responsible for managing the front office of the school and supporting the staff in creating a joyful learning environment – both in-person and virtually. S/he will serve as the first point of contact for any students, families, staff, or visitors in the office. S/he will assist in the implementation and maintenance of clear operational systems that allow the instructional team to focus on teaching and learning.
This role is a non-exempt, temporary, part-time (~20 hours/week) position that may require work on some weekends, evenings and holidays. The Operations Coordinator will work primarily on-site at KIPP Esperanza, with some travel within the community.
Roles and Responsibilities
Office Set-Up & Operations
- Welcome and direct visitors according to school’s sign-in procedure
- Manage the process of collecting all cumulative folders from previous schools
- Prepare daily snacks for classrooms
- Assist in asset tagging all technology in the classrooms and keeping an accurate inventory of these items
- Manage all school inventory of furnitures and supplies
- Maintain general organization and upkeep of office
- Support Scholar Services Coordinator in all daily school operations tasks
Recruitment & Enrollment and Attendance
- Maintain databases by inputting student information into PowerSchool or SchoolMint
- Assist in managing all incoming applications and enrollment paperwork for new and returning students
- Support a strong attendance process by making daily attendance calls to families of absent students
- Miscellaneous support
- Manage collection and record-keeping of various student fees
- Support team as needed to build a safe, joyful learning environment
- Adhere to KIPP’s health and safety guidelines as outlined by the CDC, CDE, and public health agencies’ recommendations
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma required
- Spanish fluency (verbal and written) preferred
- Previous work experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships across teams
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP Bay Area Schools’ mission and values
- Ability to learn and utilize technology necessary to operate in a virtual office environment (i.e. Zoom, Go to Meeting)
We are dedicated to you and your family’s well-being! KIPP offers a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits.