The Operations Coordinator (OC) is responsible for managing the front office of the school and supporting the staff in creating a joyful learning environment – both in-person and virtually. They serve as the first point of contact for any students, families, staff or visitors in the office and assist in the implementation and maintenance of clear office systems that allow the instructional team to focus on teaching and learning. This role is a non-exempt, temporary, part-time (20-30 hours/week) position. The Operations Coordinator will work primarily on-site at KIPP San Francisco College Prep and reports to the Director of School Operations.
- Deep integrity and commitment to KIPP Public Schools mission and values required
- 1+ year of professional experience, ideally in an office or school setting, required
- High school diploma required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Self-awareness and a commitment to continuous learning
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships across teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google Suite required
- Experience or ability to learn and utilize technology necessary to operate in a virtual office environment (i.e. Zoom, Go to Meeting) required
- Spanish fluency (verbal and written) preferred
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Office Set-Up & Operations
- Welcome and direct visitors according to school’s sign-in procedure
- Manage the process of collecting all cumulative folders from previous schools
- Prepare daily snacks for classrooms
- Assist in asset tagging all technology in the classrooms and keeping an accurate inventory of these items
- Manage all school inventory of furnitures and supplies
- Maintain general organization and upkeep of office
- Support Scholar Services Coordinator in all daily school operations tasks
Recruitment & Enrollment and Attendance
- Maintain databases by inputting student information into PowerSchool or SchoolMint
- Assist in managing all incoming applications and enrollment paperwork for new and returning students
- Support a strong attendance process by making daily attendance calls to families of absent students
- Manage collection and record-keeping of various student fees
- Support team as needed to build a safe, joyful learning environment
- Adhere to KIPP’s health and safety guidelines as outlined by the CDC, CDE, and public health agencies’ recommendations
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands
Ability to navigate both office and school environments, and hold meetings in different spaces. Traditionally, much of the day involves sitting. Ability to access and utilize technology. Occasional lifting/carrying of materials 1-20 lbs. Ability to see and hear, either unassisted or through the use of adaptive technology.
Stress of deadlines and normal work standards, ability to analyze problems and generate alternatives, work with interruptions, concentrate for long periods of time, read, calculate, perform routine math problems, memorize and recall objects and people.
Office environment subject to constant interruptions and distractions. Occasional classroom/school environment and travel required.
Non-exempt, temporary, part-time (20-30 hours/week) position.
About KIPP Public Schools Northern California
We are a thriving nonprofit network of 17 free, public charter schools open to all students. At KIPP, we believe all children should grow up free to create the future they want for themselves and that schools can and should be a critical factor in making that vision a reality. Together with families and communities, we create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose—college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Our student community consists of over 6,000 elementary, middle, and high school students in East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Francisco, San Lorenzo, San Jose, and Redwood City. 79% qualify for free or reduced price lunch, 23% are multilingual learners, and 10% have special needs. We strive to cultivate a representative team of teachers and leaders that reflect our students’ diversity.
We are dedicated to you and your family’s well-being! KIPP offers a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits.