Koder is a fast-growing technology startup based in Irvine. Our core product is a gig-economy platform that helps companies scale their software engineering teams using a freelance, on-demand workforce of coders.
We’re an ambitious 25-person team of software engineers founded by veterans from Microsoft and Accenture and recently raised a multi-million-dollar round of funding from top-tier investors. We’re looking to grow our team with creative UI/UX Designers interested in being part of a fast-growing company. You can learn more about us at Koder.com.
About the Role
The UI/UX Designer is responsible for designing wireframes and high-fidelity mockups for mobile apps, web apps, and desktop apps for Koder’s customers and its own products. In this role, you will work closely with the Product team and Development team to understand the problems we’re solving, the needs of our users, and to create solutions that are simple and intuitive for end-users. You will be hands-on and help Koder and its customers take their ideas and create seamless and beautiful designs.
Together with a team of coders, you will develop applications and features from concept to production.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and create wireframes and high-fidelity mockups for mobile and web applications
- Simplify complex content and ideas into functional, usable interfaces
- Create intuitive and highly functional web, visual, and interaction designs
- Communicate and work with cross-functional team members including, but not limited to developers, writers, scrum masters, and business analysts
- Stay informed of current trends in user interface design
- Collaborate with teams to review and ensure UX features are quality end-to-end, across all design competencies (visual, content, interaction, design, prototyping, and user experience research) and executed according to design concepts
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years as a UI Designer
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree in graphic and digital design or a related field of study is a plus but not required
- An exemplary portfolio that shows your work in the digital space
- Experience working at a startup or advising startups is a huge plus
Technical Skills / Knowledge
- Ability to prototype designs in tools such as InVision, Sketch, Adobe XD, or Adobe CC
- Demonstratable mastery of UI design, including but not limited to, concepts, prototypes, data visualization
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design
- A strong understanding of UI and usability standards
- Proven experience creating site maps, wireframes and customer journeys
- An innovative, creative problem solver with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Experience working in an agile development process is nice to have
- Passion and interest in visual design are a must.
Other Skills / Knowledge
- Results-oriented/self-directed ability to drive change in an unstructured environment
- Customer-oriented attitude to facilitate easier interfaces and experiences for users
- Ability to balance critique and feedback while championing your perspective and position
- Demonstrate sound judgment between breaking existing models to innovate and when to embrace user expectations
Location: This role is part-time and partially remote but we’d prefer that you’re local to Orange County or surrounding areas and are able to collaborate with our team in person at our Irvine office at least once per week.
Fully remote freelance roles for UI/UX Designers in other parts of the world can be found on our website.
Compensation: $18-$35 per hour depending on experience