Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Work Mode: Onsite. Basic relo coverage is available.
Kohler Co., a fast growing privately held company, offers competitive compensation and extensive benefits including 401K match, pension, tuition reimbursement, parental leave and other company perks and benefits. Kohler is a global leader in the manufacture of kitchen and bath products, engines, power systems and decorative products. The company is a proud owner and operator of the world’s finest five-star hospitality and golf resort destinations and a host of Ryder Cup 2021. Visit kohlercompany.com to learn more about Kohler Co.’s “Believing in Better” philosophy and global efforts in sustainability and stewardship!
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and driving improvements in the machining processes for aluminum and cast iron components. This includes basic programming of CNC machines, analyzing and driving operational and capacity improvements in key machining cells, identifying and justifying capital improvement ideas, along with supporting operations with day-to-day manufacturing issues. Coordinate the efforts of other departments in terms of cost reduction initiatives, Design Engineering changes, Quality Control initiatives, and Maintenance Programs to produce high quality products competitively. Other responsibilities include driving the preventative maintenance programs and equipment uptime goals to meet plant and departmental goals and objectives to support production schedules.
- Develops and Improves Manufacturing Processes to produce finished components per engineering print tolerances.
- Program CNC machines including tooling/fixture specification and procurement, as required, in the assigned area responsibility.
- Investigate immediate problems and coordinate the efforts of Production, Inspection, and Maintenance supervision until problem is resolved.
- Analyze present manufacturing sequence of operations and suggest and implement changes in method, machines, or process layout. These changes reduce cost and/or improve product flow to assure maximum quantity and quality from production equipment.
- Act as liaison between Design Engineering, Quality, and Operations for manufacturing new or modified parts or drawings. Suggest changes in product design that would simplify manufacturing methods and/or reduce costs and maintain Design Intent.
- Conduct existing equipment and process capability studies, in turn, setting up control charts for critical operations to verify 100% conformance to meeting quality requirement.
- Analyze and coordinate Engineering changes and new part design releases with operations.
- Assist in the vendor selection process, request for quotation preparation, and purchase order preparation and performance criteria development for equipment and tooling procurements.
- Involved in or assisting with program changes on machines, including tooling/fixture designs, specifications, and procurement, as required, in the assigned area responsibility.
- Ensure adherence to applicable product compliance requirements including but not limited to the Clean Air Act, California Code of Regulations and California Health and Safety Code.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical / Industrial Engineering Technology required.
- Solid intern and/or co-op experience with manufacturing processes, engines, or engine components in a high paced production environment preferred.
- Basic experience in machining.
- CNC programming, PLC controls knowledge, and/or experience with Fanuc Robotics will be consider a plus.
- As an essential member of the Manufacturing Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique engineering skills to improve knowledge of engine production systems and design of such systems. Your responsibilities will include preparing project plans, driving activities surrounding process development, driving process changes, managing new production launches, and initiating and driving procurement of Capital Equipment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.’s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.