Life as an L.A. Care Intern:
Here at L.A. Care Health Plan, our interns play an important role in enhancing our business. We are looking to bring on 15 interns to work within various departments in the Managed Care field and we want YOU!
Our competitively- paid internship program provides each student with real-life hands-on experience that effectively complements their academic coursework, consistent weekly coaching and mentoring, and the opportunity to collaborate with other team members in the organization and grow their professional networks. L.A. Care Interns will have the opportunity to work on projects that improve their leadership, analytical, and project management skills.
We are seeking internship candidates wishing to develop and learn more about the Managed Care space. L.A. Care Health Plan is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is open to students, entry-level, career transitioning applicants who want to learn a new industry. We strongly encourage candidates from historically marginalized communities to apply.
Available internship Areas:
· Provider Network Management
· Quality Improvement
· Enterprise Performance Optimization
· Medicare Product
· Quality Improvement
· Enterprise Integration
· Legal Services
Established in 1997, L.A. Care Health Plan is an independent public agency created by the state of California to provide health coverage to low-income Los Angeles County residents. We are the nation’s largest publicly operated health plan. Serving more than 2 million members in five health plans, we make sure our members get the right care at the right place at the right time.
L.A. Care’s mission is to provide access to quality health care for Los Angeles County’s vulnerable and low-income communities and residents and to support the safety net required to achieve that purpose.
· Assists with specialized projects and challenging tasks to ensure the coordination and completion of all segments of the assigned project. Compile and consolidate reports and prepare presentation based on findings or outcomes.
· Assists with various responsibilities to ensure the coordination and completion of all segments of the assigned project.
· Complete the project timeline (if applicable) ensuring management reviews and approves it.
· Conducts research and gathers data for reports and presentations.
· Compile and consolidate reports and prepare presentation based on findings or outcomes.
· Work closely with assigned staff and varying levels of management.
· Maintain cooperation and participation with key people involved in the project.
· Adhering to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior.
· Adhering to company policies governing the observation of confidentiality and the handling of confidential information.
· Assuming personal and professional responsibilities for his/her actions and activities.
What you need to be considered:
· Must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree and field placement program.
· Must have general experience writing, meeting project deadlines and working with basic Microsoft Office Suite applications, such as word, excel and PowerPoint