Global Connections to Employment (GCE), a nonprofit that provides job training and employment opportunities for individuals with significant disabilities. We exist to provide opportunities so people can experience meaningful employment. Our organization’s Mission is “Helping People throughout Life’s Journey,” and what better way to do so than through employment which leads to independence and self-sufficiency
We collaborate with partners who share a sense of responsibility for improving the world we live in. From a business perspective, we see opportunity in employees who have positive attitudes and are enthusiastic not only about performing their jobs, but more importantly, meeting the expectations of our customers. We continue to learn, innovate, work hard, respect and value the relationships we have in numerous communities in the US
This position is responsible for safely performing environmental services duties as assigned by management. Quality service is expected to be provided to customers at all times. Must have the knowledge, ability, and willingness, to learn and perform all aspects of all job duties necessary for services provided.
- Meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on specified contract.
- Understand oral and/or written instructions.
- Interact appropriately with customers, patients, family members and coworkers.
- Must be able to pass organization screening requirements including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, crouch, walk, climb stairs and ladders, reach above head, sit (to drive) and lift up to 40 pounds.
- May travel to and from various locations and buildings throughout the year and in various weather conditions. Most work will take place indoors. May work with cleaning chemicals. Will be required to follow Emergency Operations Work Assignment per customer requirements. Schedules are subject to change. May require working early morning, mid-morning, afternoon and/or evening hours as well weekends and Holidays.
- Must to able to assist in lifting equipment and moving furniture when necessary and will occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Interested applicants please visit www.gce.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED.