Lakeview Center is best known for its caring, compassionate treatment for people with mental health issues, drug and alcohol dependencies, or intellectual disabilities. The breadth and depth of these services are the most comprehensive in the region. They range from inpatient and residential treatment to a gamut of outpatient programs including trauma services, psychiatry, counseling, day treatment, and intensive, round-the-clock outpatient services to help people with severe mental illnesses safely remain in the community. We reach people of all ages from babies and children to adolescents and adults. In all, we offer more than 60 programs and services for the people of Northwest Florida.
The primary duties of this position are to provide a comprehensive behavioral health assessment as requested by outside agencies. The assessments include direct observations, a comprehensive look at the child’s behavioral health needs, gathering and interpreting existing information, making recommendations that help to determine the most appropriate out-of-home placement and other potential services. Intervention strategies and behavioral health services when indicated. This position works closely with the child welfare caseworker and care coordination staff. This position serves as a liaison for internal and external communications, ensuring an efficient operational process for customer satisfaction.
- Master’s degree in the field of counseling, social work, psychology, rehabilitation, special education, or a human services field.
- Five (5) years’ experience working with infants, children, adolescents and adolescents who have mental health, substance abuse and/or co-occurring disorders or developmental disabilities and working with Families in the Child Welfare system.
- Completed child and adolescent needs and strengths (CANS) certification.
- Must be able to pass organization-screening requirements, including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
- Must have a valid driver license in state of residence, a good driving record and be insurable under the corporate policy.
- Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
- LCI is putting our employee health and safety first by following guidance from local health departments and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations on preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED.