Lamar University is looking to hire a candidate for an exciting opportunity to work in various athletic events as the Coordinator of Revenue Generation. Preferred candidates are friendly with a professional demeanor who can coordinate daily operations of the Ticket Office with great organizational and customer service skills. The position is a valuable member of the athletic staff. The position will have a dual report to the Senior Associate AD/CFO and to the Assistant AD for Ticket Sales.
- Establishes and Implements procedures for sale and distribution of athletic event tickets in accordance with established rules and regulations of Lamar University, Western Athletic Conference, NCAA and Texas State University System.
- Under the supervision of the Assistant Athletic Director of Ticket Sales & Service responsible for the daily operation of the Ticket Office. Additionally, hire and train part-time game day ticket sellers and scanners.
- Maintains accurate ticket operation records, which are subject to audit at any time. Regularly reviews the records to ensure their accuracy and compliance with established recording procedures.
- Responsible for telephone inquiries and sales of tickets handled by the Ticket Office.
- Maintains accurate Ticket Office records, which are subject to internal and external audits at any time.
- Responsible for preparation of ticket sales reports to be used in Individual game settlement reports, recording and depositing funds in a timely manner and for maintaining exceptional customer service.
- Help the ticket sales department exceed its annual attendance and revenue goals.
- Assist in management of game day operations, special events, and everyday operations of the Athletic Department.
- Manage all Ticket Office responsibilities for assigned sports including staffing and cash and attendance reconciliations.
- Assist Assistant AD of Ticketing in preparation and game-day management of Football, Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Soccer, and Volleyball.
- Manage general will call and solving customer service related issues and oversee student-athlete and recruit complimentary ticket distribution.
- Assist in printing and distribution of season and single game tickets and maintain relationships with existing clients to ensure long-term partnerships.
- Distribute season ticket, group, and individual ticket information to existing and potential clients.
- Handle questions regarding individual tickets, season ticket plans, and group outings.
- Make outgoing calls and contacts in order to generate new sales and attract new companies/fans and sell individual tickets, season ticket plans, and group outings for various University events and all events held at Provost-Umphrey Stadium, the Montagne Center and other athletic venues.
- Work home athletic events as needed. Weekend and night shifts are occasionally required.
- Maintain accurate records in ticketing & CRM systems.
- Assist in database management, email marketing, and performance analytics and with marketing and sales events on campus and in the local community.
- Assist In special usage of luxury suites on a game-by-game basis.
- Expected to successfully collaborate with a number of on-campus entitles working on behalf of athletics (I.e. Marketing/Communications, Printing Services, Advancement Services, Alumni Association, Procurement Services, etc.)
- Be familiar with the fundraising software and help maintain Bud Leonard Athletic Fund and athletic donor database and records.
- Assist with budget management and recommendations as well as monitor expenses accordingly.
- Coordinate the forwarding of checks and cash to the University Development office for accurate reporting of all financial records.
- Provide a positive and professional presence In the community.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Health insurance and other benefits as an employee of the State of Texas.
- Tuition assistance is provided to employee, a spouse and/or eligible dependent children.
-Bachelor degree required
-1-2 years of experience, college athletics experience preferred
-Excellent organizational and filing skills required
-Experience with Microsoft Office required
-Knowledge of Ticket Software CRM
-Must possess an ability to maintain effective working relationships with others
-Come to work in a timely and predictable manner
-Able to tolerate stressful situations
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Job Posting Link: Lamar University | Coordinator of Revenue Generation #496233