Job Title: Human Resources Recruiter
Our Human Resources Department is offering an exciting opportunity to an energetic individual looking to help build the Lamar University brand by ensuring that we attract, hire and retain the most qualified employees. We are looking for a Recruiter to manage our full cycle recruitment process from evaluating quality sources and candidates to ensuring a smooth onboarding.
• Design attractive job postings & recruiting emails
• Source potential candidates by advertising openings on LU career page, social media, job boards and internally
• Screen incoming resumes and application forms
• Interview/ pre-screen candidates (via phone, video and in-person)
• Send job offer emails, coordinate background checks and assist with new hire onboarding
• Participate in job fairs and host in-house recruitment events
• Monitor & track key HR metrics, including time-to-fill, time-to-hire and source of hire
• Collaborate with departments to identify future hiring needs
• Assist in training Hiring Managers & Search Committees with interview techniques
- Health insurance and other benefits as an employee of the State of Texas.
- Tuition assistance is provided to employee, a spouse and/or eligible dependent children.
Typical schedule is M-F 8am-5pm, with some occasional after-hours work.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Talent Acquisition Recruiter
• Knowledge of employment processes and federal/state employment law
• Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases
• Experience developing and implementing recruitment plans and strategies.
• Experience tracking HR metrics
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Sound judgement
• A valid driver’s license and the willingness to travel as needed.
- Ability to work in a typical administrative office environment to include long periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.
Preferred: Higher Education Recruitment Experience
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Job Posting Link to Apply: Lamar University | Human Resources Recruiter #442598