Lamar University is seeking to fill the position of the Library Associate in Interlibrary Loans. The preferred candidate would be a book lover, an independent worker, enjoys working with the public, and can be technology-savvy when searching for information. The Library Associate in Interlibrary Loans is responsible for filling lending and borrowing requests and for maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of Interlibrary loan transactions.
- Downloads and updates lending requests from other libraries daily, using the TiPasa software;
- Retrieves all requested materials from within the library;
- Processes all materials to be filled electronically through the TiPasa system, the United States Postal Service and the AMIGOS Courier system;
- Generates invoices for lost or damaged materials loaned to other libraries;
- Communicates with other libraries via phone or e-mail concerning loaned materials;
- Supervises student worker(s) for the lnterlibrary Loans unit;
- Participates on library and university committees as assigned or as time permits;
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- Work with little or occasional direct supervision
- Health insurance and other benefits as an employee of the State of Texas.
- Tuition assistance is provided to employee, a spouse and/or eligible dependent children.
Education I Experience:
- Two years of college and/or 5 years of library experience or comparable combination of education and library experience
- Experience in Windows operating system, use of library of Congress Classification, reference indexes, filing and typing
- Interlibrary loan policies and procedures
- Complex library Issues and procedures, such as reference, circulation and automated library systems
- Library principles, practices and terminology
- Issues pertaining to area of assignment
- Use of relevant automated database systems
- Use of library Information resources
- Skill in working with Windows software, OCLC telecommunications software, and standard office machinery
- Working with a diverse population on and off campus
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Job Posting Link to Apply: Lamar University | Library Associate #499413