Candidates must be accepted into one of the Graduate Programs here at Lander University prior to beginning the position.
Compensation: Selected candidate will receive a 50% tuition and fee waiver as well as a $3000 stipend per semester. Note that if the GA position does not relate directly to their graduate studies the student will be taxed on the stipend and tuition benefits. Graduate Assistants work approximately 20 hours per week during the school year. Graduate Assistantships may be renewed for one additional year.
GA Primary Responsibilities:
Social Media & Communications
- Develop, deploy and manage social media campaigns to prospects, applicants, accepted students, and/or enrollee cohorts to sustain interest, and to encourage students to respond to the appropriate offices on campus.
- Develop and deliver series of digital messages for newly admitted/enrolling students during the months preceding the beginning of each semester. This involves working with Orientation and Advisement, Housing, Financial Aid, Student Financial Services, Admissions, and the Registrar
- Plan, create and implement digital ad campaigns (Social Media and Google)
- Assist in the development of the Office of Admissions and/or Enrollment Management Call Center.
- Manage and coordinate SLATE two-way texting outreach to support recruitment and enrollment initiatives for current and prospective students.
- Manage Live Chat
Social media and communication is so important to every aspect of the University. Currently, we use multiple people and students to work on our social media, Live Chat, call projects, and communication needs. We need to improve our social media presence and feel this would be a great project for a GA. We also are interested in developing a Call Center that would maintain regular call projects during the day and in the evenings to assist prospective students and families. These calls would be used to answer questions, promote special events, confirm visits, and reiterate important dates and deadlines. They can also communicate using the text messaging service with our new CRM system.