Candidates must be accepted into one of the Graduate Programs here at Lander University prior to beginning the position.
Compensation: Selected candidate will receive a 50% tuition and fee waiver as well as a $3000 stipend per semester. Note that if the GA position does not relate directly to their graduate studies the student will be taxed on the stipend and tuition benefits. Graduate Assistants work approximately 20 hours per week during the school year. Graduate Assistantships may be renewed for one additional year.
GA Primary Responsibilities:
The Graduate Assistant for Student Organizations and Events assists with the recognized student organizations’ advisement, management, and leadership development. The Graduate Assistant for Student Organizations and Events will oversee the student event process and guide student organizations regarding their events.
The GA for Student Organizations and events will:
- Serve as a point of contact for recognized student organizations, help trouble shoot questions and provide necessary direction and support.
- Serve as the point of contact for student groups regarding the planning and implementation of their events.
- Develop training and assessments for student organizations regarding leadership development.
- Supervise the student leadership interns and the student event coordinators.
- Oversee the student organization reservation process.
- Oversee the process for new organizations and their orientation.
- Manage the master list of all recognized student organizations.
- Update student organizational manual and establish a student organization manual and training
- Assist in the coordination the Lander Leadership Conference and the Annual Student Life Awards
- Research best practices for Student Organization management and propose ways to improve the student involvement experience.
- Other duties as assigned