Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Snow Removal Attendant is responsible for working independently or as a team member under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Director. Responsible for the de-icing and clearing of snow from walks, driveways and parking lots for various residential and commercial properties throughout Hartford, CT in an efficient manner, promoting job work site safety, providing excellent customer service, and exhibits pride and quality workmanship.
- Work closely with Maintenance Director in the de-icing and removal of snow from walks, driveways and parking lots for various residential and commercial properties according to the specified contracts.
- Always represent the company’s best interest, maintain the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Maintain a clean and safe job site, while ensuring current landscape and property is not damaged in the efforts of removing snow.
- Maintain and care for your personal or company provided equipment, tools and vehicles.
- Safely and appropriately distribute de-icing solutions, including calcium chloride or rock salt.
- Perform highly physical work outdoors on a consistent basis in all weather conditions, specifically very cold, icy, snowy weather.
- Work as part of a team and take direction.
- Understand and meet contract scheduled deadlines without sacrificing great customer service or excellent quality.
- Keep accurate timesheet records, submitted for review and signoff by the required deadlines.
- Attend training classes and seminars as requested by management.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned/instructed by Maintenance Director.
- Reliable transportation to get to job sites.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, flexible and detailed oriented.
- Must be professional in appearance and actions.
- Great time management skills; available for seasonal long hours, a clear schedule to work all hours of the day, any day of the week and a strong work ethic. This position will require, although rare, potential holiday work.
- This is a weather dependent position with no guaranteed hours.
- Punctual and dependable with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of differing backgrounds, knowledge and skill levels.
Physical demands require constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Frequently ascends/descends a ladder to perform work. Frequently operates machinery and will use hands/fingers and legs to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect and position materials. Frequently required to stand and walk, lift and/or move up to 50 to over 100 lbs. with assistance. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Constantly required to communicate with ability to talk and hear. Job will require constantly working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and exposure to elements. This can include heavy to moderate noise, extreme proximity to moving equipment or machinery, proximity to electrical energy, exposure to tools and machines used in construction industries.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.