Our Concert Security and Entry Team helps to keep everyone safe at the show while creating once-in-a-lifetime memories for our fans and artists. This physically active role serves a wide variety of duties on any given concert night, from entry screening of guests using metal detectors, to greeting headlining talent at the stage door, to ‘flipping the room’ in between events, to helping Guests to the door when its time to go home.
This role requires the crew member to obtain and maintain a California PPSO license, Live Nation covers the cost of training and application fees for new Concert Security and Entry Team members.
This role has a starting hourly wage of $18.00 per hour.
- Flexible scheduling – you tell us when you’re available and when you’re not.
- Grow Your Career – Fox and RMA are promote-from-within venues. All our current management team started in entry level roles. If you want to grow your career in live music, this is the place to start.
- Level Up – Training and development comes with the job, this role requires the California Proprietary Private Security Officer License (for Guest/Artist Entrance Operations), all training and licensing is covered along with regular refreshes and additional training opportunities.
- Go on Tour – Our cross-utilization program allows you to pick up shifts throughout our SoCal venue network. Our venues include Glen Helen Amphitheatre, the Five Pointe Amphitheatre, Observatory OC, The Belasco, The Echoplex, The Hollywood Palladium, and The Wiltern. Additional shifts are frequently available around the region.
- Concert Tickets – Crew Members are eligible to request complimentary concert tickets, as available, for themselves and family.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, guests, and other persons
- Patrol and roam the Guest Areas of the venue, monitoring areas for safety and compliance with the house rules, interacting with Guests, and addressing safety and security concerns
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Show CARE by participating in the venue’s sustainability program which could include implementing programs that conserve resources/prevent waste such as sorting waste and collecting recycling and educating our fans about our efforts.
- Partner with fellow crew members at the end of show to close the venue- this may include collecting recyclables from the reserved section, picking up and properly storing event equipment such as chairs, barricade, etc.
- Work a variety of shifts to set the venue(s) for each event day; includes chair and banquet setup, reserved seating setup, VIP setup, entrance setup, etc.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations
- May write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Apprehend and evict Guests in violation of house rules or causing a safety hazard to themselves and others.
- Examine tickets or passes to verify authenticity, using criteria such as color or date issued.
- Provide accommodations for guests with special needs both prior to and day of show- this could include offering assistance to someone who uses a wheelchair.
- Inform guests of the layout of the venue and be prepared to direct them to the restrooms, concession stands and designated seats/sections.
- Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Know how identify a fake ticket or credential and educate the guest on where to buy authentic tickets.
- Settle seating disputes or help solve other guest concerns.
- Guide guests to closest exits or provide other instructions or assistance in case of emergency.
Who Are You?
Employees have a leading role in the service experience our guests have. The extent to which we recognize our employees for service well done, is the extent to which they will care not only for the guests, but for each other. That’s why SAFETY for employees and guests is our priority. We show CARE around every corner and look to create ENCORE moments of service excellence for everyone. And our commitment to EFFICIENCY, is our way of staying well-organized. So, join us! We need these kinds of skills and talents as we Create Once in a Lifetime Experiences for our Fans.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance; ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Acute sense of judgment, tact and diplomacy
- A strong sense of teamwork and ability to execute programs
- Position requires constant walking, climbing stairs, lifting and carrying 50 lbs+ and occasional sitting
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.