The Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) seeks motivated professionals who want to use their talents and skills to make a difference. Our 500+ FTE staff are adaptive problem solvers and passionate about enriching people’s lives. If you are mission-driven, dedicated to superior service and support, can diligently work independently and in a collaborative environment, join our team. LAHSA is leading the fight to end homelessness in LA County. Here, not only would your work have a real impact on the community, but we also offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Created in 1993, LAHSA is a joint powers authority of the city and county of Los Angeles. As the lead agency in the HUD-funded Los Angeles Continuum of Care, we coordinate and manage over $800 million annually in federal, state, county, and city funds for programs providing shelter, housing, and services to people experiencing homelessness.
Under the direction of the Supervisor Contracts & Procurement, this position is primarily responsible for drafting, preparing, processing, and tracking contracts, amendments, and related documentation for LAHSA agreements with its Funders or sub-recipients and vendors, and administering the related data. The Contracts & Procurement Department is responsible for administering all in-bound and out-bound agreements for LAHSA, and the Contract Document Management (CDM) system which houses the agreements and associated data. The Specialist will create and process legal agreements through execution, administer associated data and documents in the CDM and serve as the primary point of contact throughout the contract lifecycle for sub-recipients and vendors within the Specialist’s assigned portfolio.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with the Supervisor, Contracts Unit Manager and LAHSA counsel to create contract boilerplates for agreements and amendments between LAHSA and its Funders as well as its sub-recipients and vendors.
- Research regulations governing funds received from Federal, State, and local government to prepare contracts.
- Work with Performance Management and Finance Grants Management teams to ensure accurate Statements of Work and Budgets are integrated into contracts, amendments and change notifications.
- Draft, prepare, negotiate, process and track contracts and, amendments, and change notices between LAHSA and its Funders as well as its sub-recipients and vendors.
- Receive and file any documentation needed to verify sub-recipient obligations stipulated in contracts and amendments or change notices, including but not limited to, certificates of insurance, cost allocation plans, etc.
- Act as the Primary Point of Contact throughout the contract lifecycle for assigned portfolio of sub-recipients and vendors.
- Work with other Integrated Agency Support Team (IAST) staff to negotiate, discuss or consult with sub-contractors on specific contractual issues that may initiate changes to existing contracts.
- Maintain and update CDM system which contains contract information, amendment information, contract and amendment tracking data, and sub-recipient information.
- Attend workshops, meetings and conferences as appropriate.
- Special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of basic principles of contract law.
- Experience drafting contracts and legal documents.
- Knowledge of contract document management systems or other data systems.
- Knowledge of the LA CoC.
- Excellent people skills, specifically customer service skills and a capacity for collaboration and interpersonal relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to express technical concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Intermediate level of computer software programs specifically, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse community and organizational groups.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Training & Experience
- Proven work experience and/or education/credentials as it relates to the position.
- Effective November 1, 2021, LAHSA will require proof of vaccination for all employees. This requirement is in response to the public health emergency and is intended to reduce the spread of COVID-19 among LAHSA employees, our stakeholders and those we serve – it will remain in effect for the duration of the public health emergency.
- Employees may apply for an exemption if they cannot be vaccinated due to complicating medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs. If the exemption is approved, then the employees will be subject to weekly COVID-19 testing.
Appointments are typically made between the minimum and the midpoint of the range, depending on qualifications. Applicants may make a reasonable accommodation request for this job by calling the Human Resources Department at (213) 683-3333; or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.