ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Los Angeles Unified School District has a great managerial facilities job opportunity available now. If you have experience managing multiple departments and interacting with various stakeholders, then this opportunity is for you. Come join our team as a Complex Project Manager!
As a Complex Project Manager, you will be a Facilities Services Division’s representative leading the implementation of all facilities activities of a defined group of schools or administrative sites, including major maintenance, operations, alterations and improvements, modernizations, new construction, and portable building installations or removals.
· Coordinates facilities projects at schools and administrative sites in consultation with site administrators, and senior management personnel, Operations Program Managers, Area Operations Supervisors, as well as project managers, architects, and engineers
· Coordinates planning, organization, prioritization, and scheduling of maintenance and operations activities; verifies funding sources; provides advice regarding regulations, procedures, and standards concerning maintenance and operations activities; identifies and resolves safety issues; and resolves complaints and inquiries
· Meets with administrators, parents, and community representatives to plan, organize, prioritize and schedule maintenance and operations activities
· Inspects sites as required to identify maintenance and operations needs and as required by regulatory agencies.
· Supervises the preparation of specifications for maintenance and capital outlay contracts and for equipment; initiates contract requests, and inspects and accepts contract maintenance work
· Approves scope of work for construction and major maintenance projects
· Graduation from high school or evidence of equivalent educational proficiency. Sixty semester units or equivalent quarter units from a recognized college or university in the areas of Construction Technology, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field is highly preferable.
· Two years of experience in the supervision of maintenance, construction, operations, environmental, or other related facilities activities at or above the Supervising Maintenance Worker level.
· Some positions may require special knowledge or experience for which selective certification may be made according to the Education Code Section 45277, AB2125.
Verified competence in one or more of the following areas may be considered in filling some positions in the job classification:
· Small Operational Unit Management: 3 years of experience overseeing and supervising (skilled trade personnel) or operations (custodial, landscape, pest management) units.
· Capital Repair–Master Planning: 3 years of construction management experience in overseeing the planning, development, and execution, of large multifaceted
· Interdisciplinary education in one or more of the following fields: business administration, public administration, environmental science, engineering, architecture, and construction management
· Management experience overseeing large-scale facility operations, maintenance processes, and projects
· Managing employee performance
· Relationship building and customer service skills
· Oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated sense of urgency and strong work ethic
· Analysis and problem solving
· Paid medical/dental/vision insurance premiums for employee and eligible dependents
· Eligible for membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS)
· Up to 24 days of vacation
· 12 paid holidays
· A generous sick time policy/hours
· Plus so much more!