ABOUT THE COMPANY:
We are Los Angeles Unified School District. We are at the forefront of innovation in public schools, with the serious work of tailoring the learning environment to better serve our community. Here, you will have the opportunity to exercise your potential in the business of education.
We are technical professionals, skilled workers, support staff, executives, and community champions. We do our jobs with a sense of integrity, accountability, and pride in shaping the future. Our contributions here impact our number one customers – the 600,000 plus K-12 students of LAUSD.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
LAUSD has a Fire Safety compliance opportunity available now. This is a great opportunity to help ensure that the various throughout the District aligns with the LA’s Fire Department Chief’s Regulation 4. Come join our team and grow you career with the District.
Additional responsibilities may include:
· Manages and oversees staff responsible for District wide Reg 4 testing, certification, installation, and repair of fire, life, and safety systems such as fire alarms and fire suppression systems.
· Serves as the District representative on Los Angeles Fire Department Reg 4matters and coordinates with local Fire Authorities and external agencies as appropriate.
· Prepares and presents monthly and annual reports for department leadership and external regulatory agencies detailing pertinent data and information relating to Reg 4 compliance.
· Coordinates and executes district-wide annual or five-year functionality testing requirement of fire alarms and fire suppression systems with the use of internal staff or professional service contracts.
· Develops specification for contract task orders, contract work confirmation, and manages the contractor invoicing process, and oversees the administration of professional service contracts for Reg 4 related projects
· Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or public administration, architecture, engineering, facilities planning, construction management, or a related field.
· Additional qualifying experience beyond that required may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis, provided that graduation from high school or evidence of equivalent educational proficiency is met.
· Four years of experience with responsibility in maintaining and repairing fire/life safety alarm and suppression systems. Two years of the required experience must be in a lead or supervisory role.
· A valid California Driver License.
· Use of an automobile.
The following certifications are highly preferable:
· Certification as a Los Angeles Fire Department Reg 4 Certified Tester for Complex Fire Alarm Systems and Central Stations.
· National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level 2 fire alarm
· Paid premiums for your choice of several medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
· Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS).
· 24 days
· 12 days.