- 80% Maintains the audit of LaCarte transactions to ensure compliance with University’s Procurement Rules and Regulations and PM-78, University LaCarte Card Program. Communicates with cardholders and/or Department LaCarte Contacts on purchases that warrant additional information and/or justification, outstanding LaCarte transactions, disallowed transactions, outstanding receivables, etc. Communicates with the Department LaCarte Contacts to resolve LaCarte card purchases that are not expensed/approved and routed to Accounts Payable in a timely manner.
- 10% Researches and reviews outstanding Expense Reports. Communicates with departmental business office personnel in an effort to obtain necessary documentation and required approvals, as well as, resolve any disputed LaCarte transactions. Provide support with card distribution and verification of cardholders training.
- 10% Provides assistance with miscellaneous administrative duties (i.e., preparing LaCarte documents for imaging, copying LaCarte documents upon request for internal and/or external auditors or for public records requests) as necessary. Assists on special projects as directed by the Manager, Assistant Director or Director.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related field; 24 hours college accounting
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Physical Qualifications: Ability to conduct internal and external training sessions and oral presentations. Physical ability and eye-hand coordination necessary to use a personal computer, calculator, typewriter, copier, telephone, and other office equipment. Ability to sit in the same position for extended periods (3.5 to 4 hours) at a time using continuous hand motions when using a calculator or entering data into the computer system; overtime may be required during peak times, during the fiscal year-end process, or while working on special projects.
- A copy of your transcript(s) may be attached to your application (if available). However, original transcripts are required prior to hire.
- Please provide three professional references including name, title, phone number and e-mail address.
Additional Position Information:
- Background Check – An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
- Benefits – LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
LSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
LSU believes diversity, equity, and inclusion enrich the educational experience of our students, faculty, and staff, and are necessary to prepare all people to thrive personally and professionally in a global society. We celebrate diversity and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We actively seek and encourage qualified applications from persons with diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences. To learn more about how LSU is committed to diversity and inclusivity, please see LSU’s Diversity Statement and Roadmap. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resource Management (firstname.lastname@example.org).
HCM Contact Information:
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu