Teach in a self-contained class of elementary students. Depending on the school, the class may be dual language ( Yup’ik and English) in which case there is a certified Yup’ik speaking teacher who will work side-by-side with the English teacher. Also, depending on the school size, classes may be multi-age. It is important to note that class sizes are generally 15 or less except in Bethel.
Lower Kuskokwim School District (LKSD) provides an Instructional Coach and extensive training to support new teachers in their classroom.
In addition the Employee Salary Package includes:
- Salary range depending on experience and education from $53,000-$94,222
- Bonus Pay over 2 years paid up front
- Subsidized housing in the villages from $700-$900 per month (does not include Bethel)
- LKSD pays ALL the maintenance and utilities for village housing (does not include Bethel)
- Round trip airfare from Anchorage to home village per year
- Laptop and desktop computer for each teacher