LSC Environmental Products: Erosion Control Sales Specialist California
The Sales Specialist (SP) will report directly to the National Sales Director and will be primarily responsible for working with existing and prospective customers to utilize LSC products in customers’ applications. The SP will collaborate closely with the California Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and Corporate Marketing to help LSC grow its core California erosion control business. Growth will be generated through sales to private, state, and federal entities including engineers, land developers, contractors, distributors, and regulatory agencies. The SP will also be responsible for supporting and training current distribution partners while developing new distribution partners if necessary. Salary is dependent on experience that includes a base salary plus commission starting at $40,000/yr with anticipated commissions that will result in a total salary of +$60,000/yr.
The SP position is considered an entry level position with the expectation that the SP will gain the necessary skills to be promoted into a Regional Sales Manager role over time. The SP will reside in Northern California near the San Francisco or Sacramento areas or in Southern California near the Los Angeles or San Diego areas.
Major Responsibilities and Tasks:
The SP will be responsible for all technical aspects of the sales process, including working closely with design engineers to specify products, local, state, and federal agencies to accept products and land developers and contractors to utilize product.
Specifically, the role will be asked to:
- Become expert on all LSC Products with the ability to effectively evaluate and recommend the appropriate products to the customers for each application scenario.
- Cultivate regulatory, engineering, contractors and land developers leads to become prescribers of LSC products.
- Set up face-to-face meetings regularly with potential customers and specifiers throughout the state of CA.
- Develop leads for Lunch and Learn presentations.
- Work independently to schedule regular Lunch and Learn presentations with RSM.
- Monitor governmental regulation.
- Identify new markets.
Service Distribution Partners
- Work closely with RSM to develop leads to disseminate to distribution partners.
- Train distribution partners about LSC products and sales strategies.
- Ensure distributors maintain adequate sale revenue levels.
- Ensure distributors maintain adequate inventory levels.
- SP to track and maintain his/her activity in CRM database.
The SP position will maintain a home office with the position requiring extensive travel.
Required Skills / Traits:
- Sales and/or Sale Specialist experience desired.
- Exceptional communicator who can present ideas and information accurately and concisely in a simplified manner.
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Software (particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Highly organized with an ability to develop and execute a plan.
- Ability to drive a process with limited oversight.
- Results driven self-starter.
- Strong ability to network at many levels in an organization.
- Exceptional math, writing and communication skills.
- Creative thinker.
- Team player.
- Multi-tasker with the ability to cope with and meet deadline pressures.