The primary responsibilities of the part-time worship leader will be to lead the contemporary, prayer and praise worship services, and grow the music ministry at Lutheran Church of Our Savior – Spirit of Hope. The Leader needs to work closely in communication with the church secretary and is responsible to the Pastor and Church Council. The Worship and Music Committee is involved in helping to plan our worship ministry. Proactive communication and planning are essential.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
1. Have a heart for loving Jesus and a joyful presence in leading the team and the congregation in singing, worship, and prayer.
2. Regularly plan and energetically lead weekly worship. Other occasional services may arise.
3. Be familiar with a variety of Christian praise music and select about 6 songs per worship service that are thematically related to the selected scriptures and sermon theme.
4. Coordinate weekly rehearsals with the Praise Team members. Bring a positive attitude to both rehearsals and Sunday morning preparations.
5. Provide musical and spiritual leadership for the Praise Team.
6. Training and/or mentoring other members of the Praise Team to serve as leaders when necessary.
7. Read music and have the ability to sing with an ensemble. The ability to play piano, keyboard or guitar is highly desired.
8. The Leader prepares each week’s musical lyric PowerPoint slides for worship.
TIME AND SALARY:
· The position is understood to be up to 10 hours of work per week.
· Salary is commensurate with experience.
Send resumes to email@example.com
or if you have questions, call 909-882-2961