Manhattan Strategy Group (MSG) is looking an intern for Summer 2021 to support The National Charter School Resource Center (NCSRC) as they are preparing to administer the National Charter School Facility Survey to collect crucial information on the conditions of charter school facilities and the practices of school leaders regarding their facility operations. This effort requires that NCSRC have current, valid contact information for 1,400 charter school leaders across the country. The intern will support the survey team to collect and validate school contact information for the nationally representative sample of schools drawn from the Common of Core Data (CCD) dataset. The intern will work with the team to create and maintain datafiles and process and analyze those data as needed.
The internship will start on the anticipated date of June 1, 2021 and will be approximately three (3) months in length. The internship will be remote.
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will:
- Collect school contact information for a national survey.
- Construct, populate, and merge data files.
- Process and analyze data as needed.
- The intern will use Microsoft Excel, Smartsheet, and SurveyMonkey.
- 15-20 hours per week
- 10-week unpaid internship
- Intern will receive course credit with documentation from MSG and the Intern’s school.
Please contact your internship coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
The internship will include the following components:
- Dataset management
- Merging datasets from different sources
- Data validation
- Functionality of Microsoft Excel, Smartsheet, and SurveyMonkey in managing and analyzing large datasets
- MSG Buddy
- Weekly Lunch ‘N Learns/TalkBack Series
- Intern learning goals agreement
- Internship portfolio
- Internship showcase
- Performance evaluation/exit interview
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Employment will be contingent on the outcome of a background investigation and reference checks. While all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.