Martel Wealth Advisors, Inc. is independent investment management firm based in the Pacific Northwest. Advising clients since 1982, our philosophy has been to provide outstanding customized investment advice and retirement planning services. Today, we advise high net worth families and employer-sponsored retirement plans across 10+ states with the management of their wealth. The firm, supported by a dedicated team of specialists, offers our clients an impressive array of investment and retirement planning opportunities. As a truly independent firm, we have full discretion over the funds and strategies we pursue, allowing us to always put our clients’ needs first. We offer a fast-paced work environment at our river-front office, a culture of mutual respect, and the opportunity to play a vital role in our growth.
As our business grows, we are adding to our team and looking for an Investment Analyst. Reporting directly to our Director of Portfolio Services, this role is primarily responsible for implementing the firm’s investment processes across client accounts and investment research. The Investment Analyst will gain a deep understanding of financial market dynamics and how these forces impact client portfolios. Daily responsibilities will include trading and rebalancing client portfolios, implementing asset allocation models, conducting fund manager & market research, and preparing portfolio reviews. This role provides opportunities for long term advancement and growth of responsibilities with us. Our firm employs both CFP and CFA charterholders, and you will have the chance to experience and progress in multiple areas of the business as your interests evolve.
– Assist in research and due diligence of investment products and managers
– Support oversight of investment manager performance
– Efficiently and accurately trade and rebalance client accounts
– Ensure asset allocation and tactical allocations are accurately implemented and periodically reviewed
– Ensure consistency of trading models and models in reporting
– Generate portfolio reviews with proposed recommendations
– Update fund performance and index sheets
– Track and monitor high dollar transactions and cash flows
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in finance, economics, accounting, or similarly quantitative field
– 0-2 years of recent investment industry experience
– Familiarity working with investment tools preferred
– Understanding of investment accounts and investment products
– Ability to review portfolios and develop appropriate recommendations with respect to fees, asset allocation, taxation, and other pertinent issues
– Strong written communication and analytical skills
– High degree of confidentiality and trust
Salary And Benefits
Our employees enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical insurance, 401(K) plan with employer match, paid time off, and more. We also encourage the continued growth of our employees by supporting continuing education and certificate programs, like the CFP and CFA programs. We have a close nit team and take pride in the fact that our firm has very little employee attrition. Our centrally located, river front office provides for an exciting place to work, and we enjoy regular team outings around the Portland-SW Washington area throughout the year.
If you are someone with a long-term interest in investing, who’s a team player, and has a love of the Pacific Northwest, come join us!